Thursday, April 15, 2010

A pleasant surprise!

As I lay in bed trying to sleep
I can't help but think of my friend.
I will continue until I have come to the
Happy or bittersweet end.
I've lost so much,                  
Gained a lot from this never ending search.
I feel so exhausted and physically drained,
I feel like a whore in church.
I can feel I'm close to an answer
May be at my fingertips.

I have been called loyal for my efforts,
They praise me like I'm winning poker chips.
But really I haven't gained much more,
Than a splitting headache that won't fade.
It's not dicovering there's gold under your house,
More like getting hit by a rock of jade.
(got a very important phone call)
.....
He's alive, he's alive, he's really alive,
He just told me on the phone.
But I didn't understand why he was speaking
In such a soft tone.
He gave me a riddle like he always does
It went a little like so....

I'm in a place being ridden where people
Don't grocery shop they grow.
The people have many different personalities,
Yet it seem as though everyone gets along.
Kids hang out in the park and drink beer,
And bring out blankets and their bong.
It's crazy how when we were young
We couldn't even have a little on us,
Now I have friends inviting me over
"Let's spark one real quick Gus!"
I'm at a place where a revolution began
Although some say it was a movement.
Don't be fooled, though things have changed.
One thing remains the same, expensive rent.
But my place is worth every penny and I
Can't wait 'til your here and not in Rockridge.
Look for the winding street, and Dolores park,
This time don't hit the bridge!

He then hung up and left me in aww,
He was in my favorite city in the galaxy.
He was in a place, full of great memories.
A place that truly makes me happy.
He was at a place that forever I will call home,
And I'm so excited to go.
I'm packing my best windchill armor,
I'm headed to SAN FRANCISCO!


Press ENTER to look up in Wiktionary or CTRL+ENTER to look up in Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment